I've just learned the very basics of the Jive! Ain't that awesome? It is!
I didn't have Latin dance class last week as my instructor went overseas to compete in a competition. Furthermore, I think he just came back from Penang (a different state than where I am right now) earlier today, also for a competition. It's great that he takes part in so many of these competitions. I wonder if I will be like that in the future! xD
Sarah and I arrived early, like way
way early, so we naturally got to practice a bit first before class started. When our instructor came, we saw that he brought a guy along with him. We were like "Hey cool! We now have a grand total of three males in the class! Compared to like, what- ten females?". I kept saying stuff like "Nah, maybe he's just helping our instructor carry stuff. Maybe he's just being a temporary mule.". Hahahaha. He
was carrying a whole lotta stuff. But in the end, he was there to stay. For this class anyway, I have no idea if he'll be reappearing next week. Can't say I care very much, besides the fact that it's nice to have another person helping out and pointing out our faults to further improve ourselves. :D Besides, he dances preeeetty well himself. And I mean he's good. Like, good good. :)~
So because there was no class last week, today's class was two hours! It was great, I tell you, great! ...Except for the stretches we did at the start. I mean, I didn't dislike it at all 'cause I thought it was for the better good (ha ha hah!), but it was paaaaainful. Oww.
Okay, so we didn't do Jive from the very start. We refined (or tried to anyway) our Rumba hips, shoulders and stuff. I dance more sexily now. ;D Haha, kidding. I do think I'm doing better than before though. Uh, like d'oh. Of course I am. Tee hee.
Oh yeah, and the during the last class we had (before the one we had today), there was this one lady who dressed up really nicely for class. I mean, her dress was nice, classing and stuff. I told her it looked good, and she asked Sarah and I to wear something nicer to class next time, 'cause Latin is all about that. :D So we took her advice to heart and decided to wear a skirt to the next class, which was today. Yeaaaah, and today was the day our instructor wanted us to do stretches. Hah. So it was a little awkward, but nothing too overbearing. :D I guess today would be the first and last day (at least until a very long time into the future) we would wear a skirt to class? Time to revert back to the T-shirts and shorts.
I was still all pumped up about learning how to do the Jive when I got home. When I saw my dad, I went all "Hey hey, I learned Jive in class!". He chuckled and responded with "Jive? Jive's for Negros." in a joking kinda voice. I went like all "I don't caaaare~" and packed some of my stuff to go upstairs. Was all sweaty and stinky and had to bathe, y'know?
I was lovin' Jive so much that I actually half-Jived up the stairs! Hahaha. It was basically just a hop in your step, raising your knee up high with the bottom half of your legs straight. Jive is coooooool I tell you.
Actually, there is quite a lot more to write about, especially choir in school this morning. But... I'm tired. So I won't write about it. 'Til next time! :]
Why is it so hard to get guys to dance? Like, seriously! I'm not jsut talking about Latin dance, but a lot of other dances too. The only dance I know there are lots of guys in is Breakdance and Hip Hop. Come over to Laaaaatin dance! D: I need a partneeeeer.