I attended my very first Latin dance class. It was pretty nice. Uh, the instructor
is a little young though. A mere twelve months elder than me. Yeaaaaah. But he's started learning how to dance since he was 10! ...Give or take a year. He said he's been learning or dancing for seven years. Do the math.
Well, Latin dance is just about always performed in high heels. But us new students weren't sure if normal heels were okay. So we wore sneakers. Turns out that we weren't allowed to wear shoes in the dance room. Sooo we danced barefoot. The instructor's assistant wore her dancing heels though, and that's fine. Apparently it's tougher to dance without heels than with heels. Which I find really surprising because I'm pretty sure I'd fall or at the very least wobble a lot when I put on heels.
The auntie there had a pair or two of proper dancing shoes/heels for us to see, and perhaps buy. Gosh, I never knew such shoes were so expensive! About RM200 a pair... That's definitely gonna create a hole in my pocket. Or whoever's pocket. I thought that maybe they were just selling at high prices, so I took a look around to see the average prices of such shoes. Unfortunately for me, that price is completely reasonable. Yuppers, it is. I'm hoping my mom will decide to buy it for me next Monday from the auntie. I can't wait to try dancing with proper shoes on!
Here's to adding another item to my list of achievements and capabilities! Cheers!