OMGTHECLICKFIVECONCERT.AWSUMTASTIC.
It totally blew me away! Awesome 2 hours full of eardrum blasting music!! It must simply be unforgettable, I tell you. They played numeral mind-blowing songs from their new album, "Modern Minds & Pastimes", plus a few old songs. The thing is, it was played live! (Well duh, as if you didn't know that) There was an unbelievable difference from hearing and seeing them live in a roaring crowd with the bombastic lights, and listening to the song on your mp3 player or computer! I could've never imagined such incredible difference... I wanna experience it all over again! Amazing & spectacular.
The first song they played to start everyone off was "Flipside". With tons of embarrassment, I have to admit I've never heard of this song before tonight. I can't believe I've missed out on such an awesome song! With beats that could make your whole body sway, it was superb! The minute I got back home, I quickly downloaded this song. It just can't be missed out on!
The second song sang and played "Happy Birthday", which means a lot to me as it's played only 5 days after my birthday! Plus, the lyrics noted that the singer/songwriter wishes this other person a happy birthday, although it's done a few days late. Which fits the scene perfectly. When the lead singer asked whose birthday it was that day, I was thinking, "Uh.. few days ago, but that works, right?" I waved my arm frantically, along with many many many other fangirls. Obviously, no one was gonna believe it was my birthday, sorta. Never mind that, at least I had the enormous fun of screaming and having blood pumping 'round my brain. Plus, it was also kinda dedicated the Joey, the cute-looking yet rocking drummer! Apparently his birthday was sometime around that day too. And that was just the very tip of the iceberg.
In the midst of the concert, my friends (Mabel, Jasmine & Amelia) and I went all high. Here's the scenario. The band was preparing for the next song. The crowd's cheer miraculously subdued. Seriously. It was all quiet. Then guess what rang throughout the whole hall.
"I LOVE YOU, KYLE!!!!" And that was coming from a group of four teenage girls, all 15 years of age. I need not tell you precisely who it is, must I? And the shock of my life occurred.
"You do? ...Thank you!"
KYLE ACTUALLY LIKE... REPLIED! KYLE PATRICK! That gorgeous singer with the awesome voice! Like omg, right?? Now, you all must think I'm paranoid, but I'm sure I'm not! No one else was saying anything before that, so couldn't have been talking to... no one, right? He's not nuts or anything! Clearly my friends and I wanted to reply, but sadly, the rest of his fangirls had started squealing and screaming already. But anyway, if I was given a chance to say something back to him, it would clearly be, "Yes, I do! I really do!" Believe me, I don't think I'll ever forget this spectacular (for me) event.
Kyle on the other hand probably doesn't even recall anything like that now, which is merely 4 hours after the concert. He probably forgot the moment after he said it. Must be so totally normal for him, right? Did I mention Kyle likes to stick his tongue out when his mouth open when he has nothing to sing in between the lyrics?
The last song played by The Click Five on a fabulous Saturday night in Genting Highlands, Malaysia on the 7th of June, year '08 was accompanied by dazzling lights and will definitely be hard and very near impossible to forget. It was "Headlight Disco"! Two shiny round disco balls appeared from the ceiling and before I realized what was happening, small dots of light were bouncing off the walls! It was a gigantic disco-dance with live music in the Arena of Stars! Everyone (or at least all the teens) got up, waved their arms up in the air, shook their bum to the beat and bopped their heads to the music! I would love to say it's surely an irreplaceable memory, but knows what might happen in the future? Of course, I would LOVE for it to never be forgotten!
After the concert, there was an autograph & photograph taking session for those lucky ones who won a lucky draw-like thing. To have a chance of winning, you had to buy the tour edition of the album or something. How come no one told me?! Well, lots of people didn't know either... There should've been a notice of some sort, no? Anyway, lots of people crowded over the place where the session was being held at. There was this opaque divider that separated us from those hot pop princes. I was actually within 5 feet of them! But well, I couldn't see them, and vice versa. No contact. All of us loyal fans yelled, pleaded and begged for them to show up in front of us, at least. One even loudly suggested we all sing The Click Five's hit song "Jenny" to catch their attention, but no one actually sang. (I was still rummaging through my cluttered head for the lyrics then.) In the end, the band simply walked backstage. Leaving us pitiful fans deprived of their close up presence. I couldn't accept the fact that I was that close, but couldn't see them! There goes the saying... So close, yet so far... *weeps*
Conclusion (all in my opinion):
* I got a response from Kyle.
* Ben knows how to groove with his keyboard.
* Joe is the cutest.
* Joey is really good at the drums, and looks cute too. Awesome beats.
* Ethan makes a bass solo sound amazing, like never before heard.
* Kyle is drop dead gorgeous, almost like my idea of Edward. Almost. (Edward from Twilight, a novel by Stephanie Meyer)
* The Click Five has to come back to Malaysia soon for another concert, tour, or whatever.
They must come!