Just came back from Choon Weng's first ever solo piano recital. He's gooooood. Y'know, I just about never really feel proud of anything, but as he was playing I actually felt proud I had a friend like him :D Of course at that time I was proud because of his piano playing skills, but then I realised I don't just like him 'cause he can play the piano, I like him 'cause he's him. I mean, if someone I hated played the piano really well, well, I wouldn't feel proud, now would I?
But anyway, this post is supposed to be about him, and his successful recital. Just wanna wish you congratulations, dude! ...Okay, he doesn't read my blog but it's the thought that counts. =]
So let's talk a little about him. He's cute. Hahaha, not literally, like cute-looking or anything. But he's always so shy, it makes you want to make him come out of his shell. It's just plain adorable. He cut his hair yesterday, and everyone laughed (good-naturedly, might I add) at his hair. He's all embarrassed and stuff, and it's funny the way he reacts. Basically though, he's a pretty cool guy. :] Oh yeah, and he's tall. And skinny. But more important is the combination of the two. Tall and skinny. Yeeep. You'll see later on.
Have I mentioned that his recital was awesome? Yeah well it was! He played great. Not perfect, how hard is it to achieve perfection? Near impossible. I could see his hand shaking at the start of his recital, but it lessened towards the end. He admitted that compared to his performances at concerts, he was much more nervous during this recital because majority of the audience this time consisted of his friends, while at the concert the audience were strangers.
So his piano exam's in June, and he said he would have another recital about two weeks before that. I can't wait! It'll probably be the same songs, but I don't mind. I'm all up for supporting him and helping him get over his nervousness. Oh, that reminds me. I recorded some of his playing after the recital. This he just played for fun and he didn't prepare beforehand. But it's still great. :D
It's worth watching, even though the clips are just a couple of seconds short. I feel like I have a genius friend. *basks in pride*
My genius pianist friend, Max/Choon Weng and I, the not-so-much-of-a-genius pianist person.
My two close friends and I. Me, Yean-Li and Mabel/Ming Yu.
Note: I have no idea why there are giant ugly quadrilateral images of a videocam next to my videos. Can't get rid of 'em. I'll just leave them there I guess.