I was feeling left out because my BRATs friend are so actively blogging while my blog is... outdated. As outdated as two weeks of neglect can get anyway. I felt like a failure as a blogger. But no more! For I am
kiasu (unable to handle losing in any way)! Bwahahaha!
I just realised how ridiculously emo my last post appeared. Not only that, it was the first post that greeted my new friends from BRATs (and one
almost BRAT ;D)! Oh my goodness! I think I just lost some of my pride. Gasp. Must regain pride! I will impress the lot of you with my impressive storytelling abilities, yeah? That will come later.
Okaaaay moving on! Let's talk about something more recent. Which... isn't that recent anymore, to be honest. It was nearly a week ago! Actually, it started
exactly a week ago! So little kids, let me tell you a story.
I don't care if you don't want to listen to a story, just glue your eyes to the screen and read! Rawr!*cue curtains, and lights come on*One Saturday ago, I woke up early. To embark on a journey all lonesome. Supposedly lonesome anyway. Why supposedly lonesome? Well, I didn't know anyone I was traveling with. But when I got to the bus station, whoa! I met lots of friendly buses. Kidding. I saw a bunch of teens huddling to the side. So I asked them if they were BRATs, they were, yada yada yada, poof! We became friends.
The bus ride was... uh... I don't remember how long it was. Three hours maybe? Give or take a few more hours. Hahaha. Us BRATs made a large racket, that we did. The other passengers who were trying to sleep actually complained. We managed to respect their wishes and keep quiet. For a few minutes.
We ate and we ate and we ate. There were sweets, chips, tacos, nachos, biscuits, and soya bean. Ohoho, oh yes was there soya bean. That you can be sure of. A silly friend of mine was drinking from a carton when another friend asked her to snap a picture. She reached for the camera over my seat and... yuppers, you guessed it. It spilled onto my seat. Soaking my pants. Luckily for me, my pants were kinda... liquid resistant? Sort of. But it dried easily enough. All I had to do was stand for a couple of minutes.
Besides that, not much happened. Just the usual non-stop talking, laughing, obnoxious noises and... food. We arrived where the bus stopped us, and from there we took a cab. Four girls and I (making it five girls!) squeezed into one standard sized public transportation vehicle and managed to get to the hotel without suffocation (or any injury of any sort).
You know what? This is getting a little too long winded for my liking. Let me keep things short.
-After a few seconds of pause-
I don't remember what happened after that. Oh right! There was the introduction-standupper thing! Apparently a standupper is standing in front of a videocam, doing... reporting or whatever I guess. Like those people you see on tv reporting live from who-knows-where. There were a couple of memorable standuppers from us bunch of BRATs.
There was Wai Min, with his classic "My name is sixteen years old." I still don't know if he actually said it wrong, or the rest of us just heard "Wai Min, 16 years old" wrong. He did say it kinda fast. So it's not completely our fault! Now we (affectionately) call him
Sixteen. :]
Then there was Miss Natasha. She hopped into the camera's frame of view, brought her hand up, then down (y'know, like a diva), leaned onto one side and went "Hey, I'm Natasha." It can't be explained in words. Really, it can't. You've just got to be there.
After that, the bunch of us were split into three groups. Each group had to interview and take pictures of someone assigned to their group, and then write an article. I didn't read the article my group came up with. I helped with the pictures.
Which I thought we had a great concept for! But no, the lady was an adult and didn't see things our (small kids) way D: Then we got reprimanded.I think what happened next was we all got our room numbers and went to bed. Lucky me, I got to room with the facilitators! One senior BRAT and the other... also a senior BRAT actually, but more well known as a famous blogger! To be honest, I don't know how popular one has to be to be a famous blogger. I sure haven't heard of her before this. =X But that's besides the point!
More important is that I didn't room with the lady facilitator. The... one mentioned before. Yeah. My two roomies, Jessica and Andrea, were really friendly to me :D They are such friendly people. Didn't make me feel out of place or awkward or anything at all!
And that was it for day one! ...Gosh that was long. I need food now. Taa!
P.S. FOR DINNER, THEY SERVED LOTUS PANCAKE ON THE DESSERT TABLE. I KNOW RIGHT, OMG! For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about the one usually served in Chinese restaurants for dessert during Chinese New Year, usually. For those of you who
still don't know,
go find out now and eat it a.s.a.p.! You don't know what you're missing. Seriously.