Yay, just came back from the Bon Odori festival of year 2010! Had lotsa fun, just like last year. Although I didn't hang with as many friends, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time. I ran around the venue with Joey, my faithful love-all-things-Japanese friend. There weren't as many pictures taken as last year either, but that doesn't really matter, does it? We did take a few shots however. They're in Joey's camera though, so I'll have to wait til I get them from her.
This year, I wore my 'fake' yukata again. Fake meaning not an actual yukata, just one that looks like it. The obi or sash is of the same design as the rest of the garment, when it's not supposed to be and the sleeves are rounded when they're supposed to be rectangular. I need to get myself a
real yukata by next year. Have to remember to get a not-too-girly one though, because I'm thinking of cutting my hair to look like a boy at the end of the year. Just like Eun Hye when she played Go Chan in Coffee Prince. Go check it out!
Oh, and I saw some of Joey's Japanese class friends. And teacher. Apparently that teacher has a buncha fangirls that chase after him at just about all times. Hahaha, it's actually kinda funny! I mean, really! It's funny! I didn't get to take a look at his face at the festival, but I got a view from the back. He had his hair in a
coconut tree ponytail at the top of his head.
Like Ootani in Lovely Complex when he plays basketball! Go check that out too! Okay so like I said, he has a buncha fangirls. When I saw him/ his retreating back, he was walking away towards the exit. Fast. And I mean really fast. And... if you paid enough attention, you would notice quite a number of girls walking pretty fast too, towards him. You could tell they weren't just heading towards the exit. You could tell they wanted to catch up to him. Hahaha. I've asked Joey to take a picture of him and show me it as soon as possible. He teaches Japanese where she takes classes, though he doesn't teach her. He's supposedly one of the youngest (if not the youngest) teachers there.
Besides talking about people I don't really know, Joey wore her new yukata today! It's quite pretty. She was pretty in pink! Even her obi is cute. It has little fishes swimming along the bottom of it. Aww, I want my own
real yukata too! She got hers from Kyoto, that lucky girl. I've never gone to Japan and probably won't any time soon. By the way, lucky she brought a camera! If she didn't we'd have zilch number of pictures. None, nada, zip.
We've decided the next year, we'd make our way there uber early. We'd drive ourselves there. For several reasons.
- There were no more ice-cream when we got there.
- We were still eating when the dancing had begun. Need to dance more, dammit!
- We want to snag an Authentic Japanese Guy (AJG) to have our picture taken with him. AJGs are not very common at the festival, and most of them perform on the platform in the evening. So gotta get there early before they start!
- We need to spend more time there, even though there really isn't that much to do.
- ...Because we are die-hard fans of Japanese culture and because we simply can.
When life is so full of fun memories, how can you let other things weigh you down?
P.S. I'll be starting my driving lessons tomorrow. Dun dun dun dunnnn.
Hey, I hardly see you on FB these days. What happened? Are you on strike? xp. Anyway, hope things are fine with you. =)