<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/690630798632962914?origin\x3dhttp://ngtyresha.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Ostrich/Mico Chai's Sweet Sixteeth
Friday, October 9, 2009


Birthday girl, Mico Chai Qiao Wen or as I like to call her, Ostrich.


It was awesome; a blast! Really! I've never been to a party like that before. I've had way more fun than I can explain or put into words. Thanks for inviting me Mico!

Like I said, what I felt can't be put into words so I'll just say what happened, basically. I started getting ready at home since four. The theme and dress code was beach wear/swimsuits, so I chose to put on a batik-cloth-turned-dress. Heh, tied it up myself. Oh my gosh, just realised that I didn't take a full body shot. Oh well. I just looked good =] Passable.

Then I arrived at the club house at about six. Saw Jing Yi, Ewe Jin, May Gee, Chay Lee, Cassandra, Yee Lyn and Mico (d'oh). Shortly after that I jumped into the pool. Not much to say there. Taught May Gee how to breathe while swimming xD Oh, and Joey arrived some time then.

Got out and changed back into my batik-turned-dress. I saw a lot of people that looked like other people I knew, heh. Then I saw Bryan! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen him in the longest time... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to see him. But.. it had been so long, I wasn't sure if it was him, or another person that just looked like him. So I let it slide.

There was really fun (fun doesn't even begin to cover how amazingly fun it was, but I can't think straight right now) dancing the whole time the party was held. A big group of people gathered in front of the small stage and started shaking, jumping and I dunno, moving! It really was spectacular. I joined, of course. Dragging my friends with me. Cassandra was the only one not reluctant to join in~ Wheee, so much fun!

Then, people sang songs for Mico. It was okay. But into the fifth song, I got bored. Decided to change into a top and skirt. And then I missed the cutting of the birthday cake! Like no way right?! But yeah. I totally missed it. Sigh, oh well. Can't change what's already happened.

Then... then... I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, but one of the highlights of the night was what I'm about to say. Bryan came up to me. So what if that didn't sound like a big deal. It was the start of what made me happy the whole night! =P Gawd I hope he doesn't find out about this blog. Or this post for that matter. Don't any of you tell him, or I'll die of embarrassment. Okay so anyway. I was finally reunited with him after not seeing nor talking to him for like... what- two years? And he still remembered my name! I knew he was familiar, and I knew who he was. But names just don't register very well in my brain. I had to ask him for his name... Shame on me! Can't even remember a friend's name! But I'm ultimately glad I asked.

He wondered if I bought the batik I wore specially for this event. I laughed and told him no, I had this for quite some time. Just by writing that, it's proven that I'm fawning over him, aren't I? Well that's the thoughts of a hopeless romantic for you. But oh no, there's more!

There was more crazy dancing. Had fun like I did dancing before. It was insane. Insane, and insanely fun. I danced... uh... I don't know- normal? Weird? I just did what I felt like. And what I felt was 'to have fun'. And I noticed Bryan dancing. Haha, it was... um.. okay! I'll bet it was just as weird as how I danced! 8D So he didn't dance like what most people would call 'good'. It was cute to me! That's all that matters, right? Hah. We started interacting more than before he approached me, which was zero amount of communication at that time. I must admit I enjoyed it.

All the time I was with my group of friends too kay? I didn't abandon them. But one by one, they left. Until it was just Cassandra and I at our table. Teehee, this is where the siiiiigh part is. The DJ played a slow song and initiated an 'only boy-girl pair' dance sequence. I think there was about seven pairs on the floor. Out of them, which I think only two or three are actually together. Aaaaanyway, back to me. After watching them dance slowly with each other for... quite some time, DUN DUN DUNDUN.... I'll bet you saw this coming: Bryan asked me to dance with him! Oh my gosh, I didn't know what to feel. Everyone, and I mean everyone went all "Woooo~!". Psh, why only when Bryan asked me? Mico got the same treatment too, but that's cause she's the birthday girl. So that doesn't count. I naturally accepted his offer to dance. I think it was very courageous of him to ask me.

Gosh, I couldn't believe that a guy actually asked me to dance with him. Bryan, no less. He does have better looks than any average guy. Okay- that might just be the girl in me speaking. Still! I think I inwardly melted. I was kinda at a loss for what to do at first when we stepped onto the dance floor. Then I recalled that the girls put their hands over the guys shoulders. So I did that. Aaaaand Bryan put his on my waist. His hands were sweaty from all the dancing, but I didn't mind. I was a little sweaty myself.

As far as I can remember, he was really nice. He told me that he hadn't done this before, and I said I hadn't either. I think it's kinda sweet. My first dance was with a guy whose first dance was the same as mine. -insert dreamy sigh here- The music was loud, and he had to bend down to my level to hear what I was saying. I think I was trying to tip-toe too? I think we looked intimate. -ish. Here's the funny part. One of his friends tried to pull his hands behind me, onto my lower back. Kinda obviously, we were both too shy for that and he pulled away from his friend's grasp. Either that, or he just kept his hands firmly on my waist. If I am a normal person, I would be blushing right about now. Buuut I don't blush easily. Boohoo.

We barely got to dance at all when the song ended. I don't deny being a little sad when we had to part. I... um... kinda enjoyed it, you know. Okay, if he's reading this, or knows of this, seriously; I will wish to die by a black hole sucking me into the ground. Back to the party and away from what-could-be's, after our slow dance (♥), I decided to return my locker key which I kept leaving all over the place. Gosh, he's just so sweet I tell ya! I had no idea where he was before, but when I walked away from the party area, he kinda ran up to me and asked if I was leaving. If that didn't show that he was caring, I don't know what is. I laughed lightly and reassured him that I was only going to return the key. Then we exchanged numbers! x3 I won't lose it, I tell you. I won't lose any of my friends' numbers!

The DJ then announced that they were playing another game, another boy-girl thing. It was the dance-on-the-newspaper game. Cassandra immediately had this smug & sly grin on her face as she looked at me then at nothing. It was obvious what she thought. Maybe it was because I had the same thought too. Waited for him to ask me to play the game. Sadly, he didn't. Poo. I don't blame him though. I don't know why, but I just don't. A little space is okay sometimes =] Haha, Cassandra said that she was angry at him for not asking me. I told her I would tell him that, but I never did. I'm shy too ya know. Not very often, but I am.

The party ended at eleven. He left a few minutes before I did. I hugged Mico and told her that I would show up on Fridays at the badminton court where she (...and Bryan) has her taekwondo lessons. (I miss taekwondo. I wanna continue learning! But apparently I take up too much stuff. Phooey.) Mommy fetched Cassandra and I back home. Cassie and I had a nice engaging talk in the car. Wheee, girl bonding!

I started missing the party already the moment I stepped into my house. I knew that not many people would be able to throw a party like Mico did. Then again, the people she invited were the ones who made the party come alive.

It seems like a little too late to say this, but Mico's dress was really pretty! She looked really pretty. =]

Thanks, all of you who has made my day. Or evening/night. Lots of love. ♥


I wrapped it myself!



I made the tag too :3



What is inside Mico's present. Yes, cookies I baked. Hee. Completely homemade!


I'm suffering from paranoia. I'm pretty sure you found my blog. Hope you're not a blog reader. Obviously you came across the url leading you here, but I'm hoping you didn't click on it. If you're reading this, tell me yeah?

...I might as well confess my undying love for you while I'm at it. Exaggeration, but it might as well be true as you've read this whole post.


-----

On a completely unrelated note: Look at what I bought at the pasar malam!


Cheese and chocolate tarts! Yum.


11:46 PM
0 Like What I Did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

The Tree Hugger
  • Resha / Tsing Yu
  • 2nd June
  • Does as she pleases
  • Whimsical & Spoilt
  • Wants a lot
  • Self-orientated
  • Loves
  • Reading & writing
  • Dancing & singing
  • Talking on & on
  • Watching & playing tennis
  • Hanging out & staying in
  • Wishes
    Updated: 07 Nov '11
  • Join taekwondo again
  • Play more tennis
  • Have more free time!
  • To sing in public
  • Dance more!
  • Play the violin more often!
  • A tablet!
  • To learn to play the flute
  • To get into University of Sheffield
  • To interact with B1A4!
  • Wind-Carried Voices

    The Living&Breathing
    Alphaeus
    Amalia
    Andy
    Angela
    Audrey
    Aw Joey
    Azureen
    Benjamin
    Bernice
    Brandon
    Caleb
    Charmian
    Chloe
    Christine
    Deon
    Emelia
    Emily Yam
    Esther Tan
    Farrah
    Grace
    Hong Jian
    Huda
    Jean Soon
    Lai Yenn
    Lilly
    Pei Foong
    Petunlia
    Puiquan
    Jasmine
    Jing Yi
    Mandy Chok
    May Gee
    Mel(-issa)
    Mey Yen
    Nariko
    Nina
    Rachel Lee
    Samantha
    Shi Lin
    Tracy Wee
    Tracy Tan
    Wai Meng
    Yean-Li
    Yee Ling
    Ying Ying

    BRATs
    Amy Lim
    Chien Teng
    Clarissa Ching
    Clarissa Say
    Ee Von
    Gilbert Chng
    Jason Lioh
    Jessica Tan
    Jiatheng
    Joanne Raj
    Leon Teh
    Natasha Ananda Krishnan
    Roxanne Chong
    Tisha Kristen
    Vonne
    Wai Min
    Wei Jiet
    Xin Vee
    Zhun Min
    - Tumblr! -

    Etched
    Records
    MO.A Concert 11
    TCF Concert 08
    Funny Dream
    Artemis Fowl Conversation
    Stuffs' Names
    Orchestra
    Michael's Blunder

    Memories of The Earth
    Kei & Resha's Roleplay
    Facebook
    Tumblr
    Mysoju

    Fresh
    My Today
    FOXAY!
    Lessons In Life
    ATP Malaysian Open 09
    New Wanted Item
    Playing With Fire
    The World Ends With You
    Thanks
    One Week Later
    Just To Say

    Since The Beginning
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    June 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011

    Follow
    Follow her.

    Credits
    Layout&Picturesx