

(Hey, I just noticed that the two shades match! 8D The shade I was wearing is Brandon's, the shade Yee Ling was wearing is hers, and the photographer was Benjamin.)
Just came back from watching the quarters. It was really neat! The feeling of watching the players play right in front of you is completely different from watching on tv! I wanna go again some time soon!
First match I watched was Mikhail Youzhny of Russia against Fernando Gonzalez of Chile. It was really pretty cool. I was rooting for Youzhny while Yee Ling, my seat neighbour, kept cheering for Gonzalez. Heheh, it was kinda fun. Here are some pics. On second thought, let me post up the pictures at the very end. I can't tell who's who anymore from the tiny figures in the pictures taken from my phone camera. I really hoped Youzhny, the underdog, would win but... he didn't.
So anyway, the second match was Fernando Verdasco, a Spaniard, versus Richard Gasquet, French. This time, Yee Ling and I were supporting the same person; Gasquet. 'Cause he so rocks. Like zomg, have you seen his strokes? They're so beautiful! I really really am jealous of Verdasco's ability to place the balls though. His quick thinking, aim and distance judgment is incredible. Sadly (for me, a die-hard Gasquet fan for the night), Verdasco won the match. A few games into the second set, Gasquet was obviously tired out. Verdasco's stamina was clearly greater than Gasquet's. Gasquet wouldn't run for the shots anymore, which was sad.
Oh yeah, a couple of rows in front of Yee Ling and I, there were some French supporters! Gasquet supporters, woot! Kyah, French boys! *o* ...Call me a stalker, and chances are, you aren't wrong. I snapped a few pictures of them in between the games =X And after the match, I somehow got Yee Ling to agree to have our pictures taken together with them. Teeheeheeeeeeeee. =3 Oooey, the lady who I didn't think was in the picture, IS IN THE PICTURE! YAYZ! 8DD They actually brought the France flag to wave around~
By the way, if you want to see the pictures of the players' poses, it's best that you click on the thumbnails to enlarge them and see it more clearly. Slightly.






























OH YEAH, AND I BOUGHT A GIANT TENNIS BALL! FOR RM50! Expensive, I know, but c'mon, I've got to get
something from my first time watching a live professional tennis match! I pestered Brandon to bring permanent markers with him, which he did. Thaaanks! Though we never used them. xD They were supposed to be used by the players to sign my new giant tennis ball! We never saw any of them face-to-face though. I want their autograaaaaaphs! ;-; ...That reminds me! Brandon's markers are still with me! o_o Sorry! I will return them as soon as I can x3




And and I met quite a few people from Kota Kemuning, a little township where I live, there! It was nice to see so many familiar faces, all gathered at one place for one reason. Didn't take any pictures with them though ><; By the way. Yee Ling went absolutely nuts and practically drooled all over Coach Michael's autographed mini giant tennis ball. Autographed by Richard Soderling. Her favourite player of the tour. Ahahahaaa. Mike sure had a tough time trying to pry her hands off of his tennis ball. COACH GOT V.I.P. SEAT TICKETS. LIKE ZOMG. LIKE HOOOOOW? HE GOT TO SIT ON GOLDEN COLOURED CHAIRS! Well, it was more yellow and blue than gold but THE POSITION! AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, HE GOT HIS PICTURE TAKEN WITH DAVYDENKO! AND SODERLINGGGG! LIKE GAH. AND AND AND AND COLIN! HE... HE... WAS A BALL BOY FOR THE MATCHES! LIKE ZOMG... I WANNA BE A BALL GIRL! @_@ HE SAID HE GOT AUTOGRAPHS AND EVERYTHING. I WANT AUTOGRAPHS TOOO! HE GOT TO BE CENTIMETERS AWAY FROM THE PLAYEEEERS ZOMG! I AM SO APPLYING FOR A POSITION THE NEXT TIME THEY COME!
BWAHAHAHAHA TOTAL CAPS RAPE!Oh yeah, and (I'm skipping from one topic to another, and back again, but who cares?) during Gasquet's match, when the whole stadium was quite, Yee Ling, Grace and I screamed "Gasquet, we love you!" like, extremely loudly. Ahahaha, funny moment. I will be YouTubing that match and listening for us whackos. That wasn't the only scream related matter, oh no it wasn't. My brother, Yean-Li and Amelia are Verdasco fans, so they kept screaming his name. Yee Ling, Grace, Brandon, Benjamin and I are Gasquet's fans, so we kept screaming
his name. The result was a shout-fest. That went more or less like this: "Verdasco!" "Come on Gasquet!" "Verdasco!" "Go Gasquet!" It was waaaay fun.
Also, a little kid (whose seat was like, at the front most row), got hit by a Verdasco shot, which I think was going at more than 200kmph. Yeaaaah. The kid's dad kinda had to usher him out. Think he was crying or something, not sure.
After all the matches ended, we RAN, like,
RAN to this place where Coach said was the players lounge. Or at least thinking we were smart alecks, we ran towards the place we THOUGHT the player's lounge was at. Aaand after running quite a distance, we came to a dead end. Oh. So it was in the other direction. So we ran all the way back (believe me, that place was preeeetty big!) to the far side of the building. We finally got to the player's lounge. Outside of it anyway. We couldn't go in. Actually, there was this area which we couldn't go in, and the player's lounge was deeper inside of it. Heh. We abandoned the spot and headed to the car park where Mike said the players would eventually pass xD ...There were police there! =o Then... it was only the Prime Minister. I WANT YOUZHNY AND GASQUET, DON'T YOU GET IT?! They never showed up ;-; Never really waited for them either. Parents and brothers wanted to go home, sobsob.
NEXT YEAR, THEY HAD BETTER RETURN. D:

♥
That looks like so much fun, from your blog it sounds like you had a blast!
Ooh~ Someone is interested in some French guys. Teehee.