Tournament: Start. End.
Disappointing, really. Lost 4-8 to a ten year-old boy, Brandon. Well, I
was down 15 every game as a handicap but still. His backhand wasn't that good, and apparently mine wasn't either. I kept trying to aim for his left side so the chances of him messing his shot up was higher. I kept being a game behind him in the start. But near the end, I don't know what happened. He suddenly played smart. And I played dumb. I think I was too focused on the ball to notice.
Sigh.
Oh well. What's done is done. All I can do now is improve everything I can. I wasn't completely disappointed in how I played. I thought I did well. At some parts. The other parts, well, let's just say I could've done better. I blame coach for me not having a good backhand stroke =P Just kidding, I didn't mean it! Uh, for the most part anyway.
Mom said I didn't improve since I started, which is a
total lie! I told her she's never seen me play an actual game before but she objected. I continued by stating the last time she's actually seen me play tennis at all was last year when she too played. I asked her if I could join private lessons, and she didn't allow me to. I don't blame her, it's expensive. I kept on whining and talking (in an accusatory tone) to her that because the Sunday's class was the beginner's class, I couldn't improve much. In the end, (after a lot of thinking- and maybe guilt- on her part) she said she'd let me join the more advanced Saturday class on the condition that I wear long sleeves. No problem!
You're so considerate, mommy ♥ I totally completely appreciate the fact that you are willing to sacrifice my complexion so that I may improve my tennis play.
Now all that's left to do is tell Mandy and Michelle that I have to hitch a ride with them to the courts and they can hitch one back from us. I know (or hoping that) Mandy will read this. Let's see how long it takes til she finds out =]