<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/690630798632962914?origin\x3dhttp://ngtyresha.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Back From Macau/Hong Kong!
Sunday, May 31, 2009

A decision I have made on my trip: I love Macau, I very much dislike Hong Kong. A lot of the people at HK are rude! Like, really! For example, the traffic light for people to cross was gonna turn red real soon, so I just stood there. Then this person shoved me aside and rudely said in mandarin, "Move aside!". If that doesn't make you angry, I don't know what will. Even the cab drivers gave me a bad impression. The hotel I lived at there was a distance away from the airport, and the taxi driver even like, scolded or blamed my aunt, saying something about disturbing or disrupting his business. Oh come on, like what the heck?! And so these were the reasons for my strong dislike for Hong Kong. Macau is much more laid-back. My kinda style! And the hotel I stayed at was awesome. It was really spacious, unlike the one in Hong Kong.

Actually, I would've posted much earlier than this, but Hanabi refused to cooperate with Minerva and thus, the many many many pictures I took were not able to be transferred. It is done now though! ♥ Prepare for picture overload when I tell you my Macau-Hong Kong story! If all goes as planned, there should be 179 pictures and two videos here.

So. The flight there was four hours. It was looooong, I'll tell you that. So anyway, right after we landed in Macau, we took a ferry to Hong Kong. Which took another hour.

First thing that caught my sight; It looked like the KL tower!


Lookit that tri-coloured building.


Sands Hotel. Run by the same boss as Venetian Hotel's.
P.S. Venetian has to be the most posh hotel there. More later on.


The wavy bridge the taxi drove on.


Entrance to the ferry. I thought I could stand there, but no.

When we arrived there was trouble looking for the hotel. I think I'm putting in all the boring parts in, so from now on I'll just insert the important and interesting points of my trip-story. The taxi is huge compared to Malaysia's ones. So spacious! The lighting was too dim, so I couldn't take a clear picture. There'll be some later.

So then, we arrived at our hotel, Newton Hotel! I liked the lobby furniture.

Ain't they cute? Like eggs!

It was late then, so we went out for dinner and poof! it was the next day. Went to the temple, because the weather was bad and we couldn't go to Ocean Park.


An old tree~


An old man. Just kidding! Gramps, my brothers and I at the temple!

After that, we went to this place called Avenue of Stars! It was right next to a river or the ocean, I don't know. It was really nice and breezy! It was a little like the Hollywood's sidewalk with the star-shaped tiles and handprints on them.

Take One!

Take Two!

Mr. Director, my friend.

Say cheese!

The camera loves me!

Later, we rode one of those double decker electric thingys in town! It runs on electricity alone. Cool, eh? Well, I thought so anyway.

Like this one! Camouflage design ♥

The view I got from the top deck.

After riding the tram about two times along town, we went to the peak of a mountain/hill nearby. The view from up there was amazing! We used a tram/train to get all the way up there. It was so steep that my neck ached when I sat in the vehicle. It felt like going up the slope of a very scary rollercoaster.

View from the tourist-attracting place called The Peak. Which isn't really the peak.

Ain't the view amazing?

Look some more!

Lookie, an eagle!

Looks like a castle at the top of the mountain, doesn't it? Wonder who lives there.

You can see the lake/river/ocean from up hereee! I have no idea if it's a lake/river/ocean.

Mommy got bored of being outside and went into the building, still at The Peak. My aunt and I smelled some delicious stuff, so we checked it out.

Lemon pie thing! It is reaaaaaally nice. I'd say it was 70% cream, 20% lemon and 10% crust.

My hot chocolate! They made it perfect; I didn't have to put anything in.

Great Chocolate Paradise by Pacific Coffee Company.

The sign! I repeat, Pacific Coffee Company.

There was a balcony-type place and some people even brought their dogs up here!


Here it is, the tram/train thing I sat in!

Right after we got out of the said tram/train, we hopped onto an open-top double decker bus! Yayer!

Ta Da! Looks nice, no?

Brother wasn't ready yet. Half, though.

There, now he is! :D

Fwoosh, the scenery whizzes past by.
Taking a picture of myself by myself for the first time on the trip.

Mom took this one for me.

What I could see from my seat.

Busy busy street.

Tall buildings everywhere.

And I mean EVERYWHERE.

See what I mean?

The shops right next to the street. Looks like such a modern city.

Very sky-scraping skyscraper.

That wasn't the only sky-scraping skyscraper!

When we got off the bus, we went for a little more sightseeing by foot.

I'm not sure if this shot was taken on or off the bus. But it's nice :]

The anchor is HUGE. Compare it to the cargo boxes on the ship. It is just THAT big.

City night lights. So many. Wonder why everything looks blue.


Then, the next day! Dun dun duuuuun. Day three! Sat in a cab, in broad daylight. Which means, I got to take nice shots from inside the cab, of the inside of the cab! Went to the ferry terminal to return to Macau.

Look at all the leg space!

Told you it was spacious ;]

I can so totally relax in a cab like this. See my pretty bottle of oolong tea?

After we arrived in Macau again, I took many pictures of posh hotels with their casinos. From the outside, of course. I don't remember how I took them. If I've not mistaken, they were all taken while we were walking. Lots of walking involved in the taking of the following pictures.

...Oh wait, I remember now! We were walking so much that mom and dad got into a little fight and decided to take the bus instead xD We went to the nearest hotel, took the hotel's bus shuttle (which is completely free), and rode it to the ferry terminal. At the ferry terminal, bus shuttles from all the popular hotels gather and give people a ride to their corresponding hotels, for free! We hopped onto the bus heading to our own hotel and finally we were on our way. So yeah, the following pictures were taken while I was in a moving bus.

A rounded building.

Ah, I love that building at the back. My dad has a friend who knows the boss, and he says it's supposed to represent the hilt of a sword, so no one can pull it out from the ground. I told my dad, "Maybe he's still looking for Arthur".

The sign says, "Grand Lisboa"!

This is nice too!

So artistic~

If I become an architect when I grow up, I wanna design stuff like this.

Look look, there it is again! Did you know there are several hotels with and without the word 'Grand' in front of them? For example, there's "Lisboa", and there's also "Grand Lisboa", both different buildings. I think it's way cool.

Oooh, one of my favourites, the Wynn Hotel! It looks so classy from the outside. Never went in though.

After a short ride, we arrived at our hotel. Introducing...

Hotel Sintra! Woot!

Entering the hotel...

Oooey, big room! Love big spaces ♥

I would compare the size of this Macau-an room with the Hong Kong-ese one but I don't have a picture of the latter.

I love the shell-like lamp~

They hung up a plasma tv for the guests!

They even put it in front of the beds! ...Just like every other hotel, but it didn't occur to me at that time.

Look at all the bags we had with us. All of them are jam-packed with stuff and considerably heavy.

Hey, looks like I left one out in the previous picture. That makes five! And these aren't the only bags we have too. The rest were being carried so I couldn't photograph them.

Without wasting any time, we set out to the streets. The ridiculously uphill-downhill streets!

The bottom part isn't big cause it's near me; it's big going small cause it's going downwards. And then stairs up. The same was behind me.

And I see salvation! Flat land! And wait, there's something else too!

Oooey, lanterns! Pretty~

And and a fountain too!

I wasn't satisfied with the earlier shot because it was too far away.

Wasn't happy again, so took an even closer one!

Look at all the real who-know-what-century buildings!

Okay, I'm sure many people know what century but I don't! Notice that on the right is McDonalds xD
See? I took a closer shot.

A church. I went inside later on.

It was pretty big.

More really old artistic buildings.

Everyone was hungry so we went for lunch. On our search for lunch, we passed by this huuuuuge building. With a huuuuuge garden. The sign on the gate said something about an ambassador, I think.

My first glimpse of the building.

Ain't it huge?

Look at the lawn!

Stupid tree blocked my view.

There, much better.

At some point, we used an overhead bridge. With an escalator! Here in Malaysia I've only seen ones which you have to climb by foot, so it seemed special to me.

It's so cleaaaan ♪

OMG See the escalator?!

Going uuuuuup~!



Later, I returned to the place with the old artistic buildings which had existed since I-don't-know-when.

See? Nice buildings.
Dad said he would take me to see the inside of the church, and he did. Yay Daddy.

It's so holy-looking.

It all looks so nice.

See how high the ceilings are? This place could accommodate a lot of people.

Such a large space...

Back outside, I was snapping away with my phone's camera again.

Lookie, an olden-days-looking signpost! I knew I should've taken the one of the toilet! It all has Portugese on the signs because the Portugese once took over the area, or so Dad said.

The fountain again, but without anyone obstructing my view this time!

Looks like a postcard picture to me.

I think Daddy took this picture for me. I simply love water features.

I love historical buildings and settings too! ♥

A nice looking old building. Couldn't resist capturing a picture.

Now these pictures I'm absolutely positively sure I took on foot:

It's that round building again, remember it?

And here's the hotel's sign. Or at least the back of it.

I went inside, and it looked like this:

There were dangly crystaly stuff on the ceiling! Shinyyy.

Even the pillar looks like it's wearing a necklace.

Ain't the ceiling so pwetty? =3

Now that rock there is what I call art! Looks like a martial arts pose.

The figure up close. It's pretty big, actually. I want one ♥

Then dun dun dun duuunnn, we're nearing the location of the highlight of my trip; Venetian Hotel!

It's way bigger than it looks in this photo. Trust me on this. One square on the glass window is one floor.

See? It has multiple entrances and lobbies. I entered using the west one.

Even with several entrances and lobbies, each one is huge.

See the nice statue? :]

Slightly more up close.

And now, we go inside!

It's like a hall in here.

A really really long hall.

What hotel has this much room? This one.

Just look at the size of the empty space!

I love the interior design~

High ceilings always score points.

This reminds me of an opera house.

Escalator-way to heaven, lol.

More long large spacious halls.


Honestly, when I saw this part of the hotel, I thought they had somehow removed to roof of the building and we were outdoors. Honest!

When you see it with your own two eyes, it's really hard to tell it's fake.

I've heard the owner of the hotel asked the artists to repaint the ceiling as many times as needed until it was absolutely perfect.

The sky looks so beautiful.

If this doesn't look like the outdoors, I don't know what the outdoors is.

Doesn't it look like perfection? The atmosphere.

Looks like it's nearing night. But it's always like that. Night never really falls.

Look at all the people wandering through the 'streets'.

Time for the highlight of the trip: The canal and the chase. Please note that all this is not only indoors, but several floors above the ground floor.

OMG! There's a canal in here! Unbelievable!

And... huh? I hear singing. My brothers say it is speakers, but I do not think so.

It's coming from that gondola, going further away! After it!

OMG, now I see the person singing. Gawd he's good looking. Caucasian!

He's coming closeeeer with that voice! *throbthrob*

Ahaha, he shook the boat and the passenger's standing up from shock, which must be dangerous.

Aaaaaah, he's looking here! Wave, Tsing Yu, wave! *waves* ... *he waves back* ... *grins*



I tape joo and joor voice! ;D



Ack, not enough! Must give chase and tape more!


My persistance paid off and I finally caught up with him, and asked him to pose for a picture. He was kind enough to offer to have his picture taken WITH ME. I inwardly swooned, though I was too cool for that on the outside. So, well, here's the picture! My treasure of the trip. This guy's Italian, or so he said. ♥ His accent is so... sooo... wowies. He's been working there for a year. I think he was struggling a little with his English which I must definitely say is cute. Kyahahaha, I feel like a stalker fangirl. Sadly, I am not. And no matter how sad I think it is, I cannot stalk him. Simply because of the law. There is a law preventing people from stalking, right? Oh oh ooooh and he called me princess too, when he asked me to go towards him. Can I swoon now?
*swoooooooooon*


So after getting his my OUR picture taken, there was no excuse for me to stay there any longer. I felt saddened at the seperation ;-; Boo hoo. I continued to take pictures of the canal,
atmosphere and 'buildings'. *coughMaybeit'sbecauseitheldspecialmemoriescoughcough*

So niceee ♥

Doesn't the setting seem so romantic?

You can just see the romance in the air! Okay, that was probably just me.

Then my brothers and I sat down at the food court. About an hour of waiting for Dad later, this uber tall man came along. First thing I thought was, "COOL!".


Cooool! Awesome hair ;D

So far away! Look here, wave! *wave*

I wonder if I hug his leg, would it break?

Not long after that, a group of muay thai tournament participants ate like, right next to our table. It was so cool! They were buff, but not overly so which was again, so very cool! One of them seem to have a slight liking for my brother and when they left, that guy ruffled my brother's hair with a masculine grin on his face. I envied my brother cause he was touched by a famous person whom I do not know. Still he was famous! One of the people who worked there even asked for his autograph. Apparently the muay thai tournament was called "The Challenger". Emily likes muay thai, I think?

On my way out, I was on an escalator going downwards, where I got a glimpse of the casino! Just a really small glimpse.

I'll bet this doesn't even cover 0.5% of the whole casino. I mean it!

Remember the indoor-sky-atmosphere earlier? It was somewhat bright while the real outdoors was like this.

Okay, okay, so last up. The night time pictures of Macau!

Ahahaha, the shape's so unique. And it's super bright.

I think this shot makes it look brighter?

Woo, Hard Rock! The lights on it actually move. I took a video of it, but I accidentally deleted it ;-; Boo hoo.

Yay, the Crown Hotel! I loooove it. I stayed at a Crown Hotel in Australia and it was great!

Don't the lights on the Hard Rock looks so nice? *o*

Hm... I don't remember what hotel this is... But it's very bright, yes?

The same wavy bridge from earlier!

Doesn't it look nicer at night? =]

A little blurry, but it really shows how crazy the lights are.

A historical-looking building, which I love.

And look at the blinding lights above it!

See, see, the blue building is the Grand Lisboa! Remember the sword-hilt building? It's the very same!

The Wynn Hotel~ Modest as ever. The lights on the name appear like handwriting!

Round building ♥ So shiny.

Words are moving to the left! The lights are amazing. You can see the letter O and A! I think it was spelling Lisboa. You can see a bit of the B too!

It even has chinese characters! I don't know how to read it. Someone tell me what it says?

OMG SO SHINY AND COLOURFUL RIGHT?!

More Lisboa~ I think the previous picture was Lisboa's too.

The round building yet again! See the pretty pattern on it? The lights keep changing.

I don't remember what it was trying to spell this time. You can see the sword-hilt building again!

Super bright hotel sign. And this wasn't the brightest it could get!

I nearly got a picture with the who thing coloured. You get the idea now, right?

When I returned to the Sintra Hotel, I went up to the room and discovered that I could see Mr. Roundy from my window!

It's bluuuuuue right then!

The building to the left has lights that change colour too!

Hah, Mr. Roundy is showing a card! I was lucky with this picture ;D Ten of Hearts!

Aww, no more cards. The building on the left was flashing many many colours and I was trying to capture it, but to no avail ;-;

I bathed before going to bed so I wouldn't have to do it the next morning. I am just that lazy. When I went into the bathroom, I was still loving how big it was, so I snapped pictures. Of a bathroom. Silly, but who cares, right? xD

See how big it looks? =D You could run in circles in there!

After seeing a reflection of myself, I got vain and needed a close up shot ^^; I feel so self-obsessed. Someone, tell me I don't look fat! :P

That night, before I played Chrono Trigger on my NDS =] I slept at one, I think. The next morning, I was really tired but it didn't matter cause I got lots of sleep on the airplane ;D

When I landed in Malaysia, gawd the weather was humid! I started sweating straight away and took of my cardigan/jacket. Back at home, I ran back upstairs straight to my room and bed which I missed so much.

For some reason, I started snapping pictures again. Of myself. Gawsh, can I say vain?

I so hate this vain me ._. Shoot me. *shot*

Oh yeah, I bought a couple of stuff! Which I absolutely, without a doubt, adore a hundred percent, and treasure! These stuff are:
  1. Adidas shoes! White and blue coloured, they are tennis shoes! ♥
  2. A Puma bag! Red and pink and grey, it looks really sporty! It's waterproof too! ♥
  3. A Baby-G watch! It's reaaaally nice. In white and blue, it's face shows both the analog and digital time! It shows the day, date, year, and times of other countries! The light is orange and it's pretty bright xD I love it sooo mucho. ♥
  4. A Diesel bag. It's made of canvas, and grey in colour~ It's so roomy! I think I'm going to use it as my school bag. It's so nice looking! I'm gonna use it a lot.
Uhhhh, one more thing. My dear dear friends whom I all love so much, which are the people I've listed in my previous post and many more people I forgot to include in the said list such as Amalia, May Gee, Sebastian, Benjamin, and more which Dawn (my brain) cannot remember at the moment, I have bad news for you guys and girls. I'll get straight to the point.

No souvenirs!


I really really really did try to get some for all of you, but time was something my trip was against. I kept asking my mom to bring me to the flea markets and souvenir shops, but we simply couldn't make it. I'm so sorry T_T I know it's the thought that counts, but I still feel so sad and I feel that I've let some of you down. Especially those of you which I pestered to find out your favourite colour >.>

Again, sorry. Forgive me? c:

Labels: ,


9:53 PM
0 Like What I Did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

The Tree Hugger
  • Resha / Tsing Yu
  • 2nd June
  • Does as she pleases
  • Whimsical & Spoilt
  • Wants a lot
  • Self-orientated
  • Loves
  • Reading & writing
  • Dancing & singing
  • Talking on & on
  • Watching & playing tennis
  • Hanging out & staying in
  • Wishes
    Updated: 07 Nov '11
  • Join taekwondo again
  • Play more tennis
  • Have more free time!
  • To sing in public
  • Dance more!
  • Play the violin more often!
  • A tablet!
  • To learn to play the flute
  • To get into University of Sheffield
  • To interact with B1A4!
  • Wind-Carried Voices

    The Living&Breathing
    Alphaeus
    Amalia
    Andy
    Angela
    Audrey
    Aw Joey
    Azureen
    Benjamin
    Bernice
    Brandon
    Caleb
    Charmian
    Chloe
    Christine
    Deon
    Emelia
    Emily Yam
    Esther Tan
    Farrah
    Grace
    Hong Jian
    Huda
    Jean Soon
    Lai Yenn
    Lilly
    Pei Foong
    Petunlia
    Puiquan
    Jasmine
    Jing Yi
    Mandy Chok
    May Gee
    Mel(-issa)
    Mey Yen
    Nariko
    Nina
    Rachel Lee
    Samantha
    Shi Lin
    Tracy Wee
    Tracy Tan
    Wai Meng
    Yean-Li
    Yee Ling
    Ying Ying

    BRATs
    Amy Lim
    Chien Teng
    Clarissa Ching
    Clarissa Say
    Ee Von
    Gilbert Chng
    Jason Lioh
    Jessica Tan
    Jiatheng
    Joanne Raj
    Leon Teh
    Natasha Ananda Krishnan
    Roxanne Chong
    Tisha Kristen
    Vonne
    Wai Min
    Wei Jiet
    Xin Vee
    Zhun Min
    - Tumblr! -

    Etched
    Records
    MO.A Concert 11
    TCF Concert 08
    Funny Dream
    Artemis Fowl Conversation
    Stuffs' Names
    Orchestra
    Michael's Blunder

    Memories of The Earth
    Kei & Resha's Roleplay
    Facebook
    Tumblr
    Mysoju

    Fresh
    Barbecue Night
    Up Next: Mid-Year Holidays of 09
    Okay. Time For A Sad & Depressing Update.
    Retarded, Wink-wise.
    Dedication Doesn't Come Easy...
    Aww Danny ;-;
    Bye Bye Chem
    Loving The Past
    Music ♪
    Closet Hopeless Romantic Wants Gaming Consoles

    Since The Beginning
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    June 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011

    Follow
    Follow her.

    Credits
    Layout&Picturesx